JZ Design Group is currently seeking a Registered Senior Architect (RA, NCARB) with 12-17 years' experience to join our Architectural / Healthcare (interest)/ Interiors team. As an Architect, in partnership with the Project Manager and Project Designer, you are responsible for project development and progress from start to finish.
Interested in other states, including but not limited to the State of Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana and Massachusetts. Other states are a plus.
- Design development
- Design documents
- Team and consultant’s coordination
- Construction administration
- Familiarity with city codes and registration agencies
- Review and quality assurance / quality control
- Stamp final drawings
- Final Project delivery
- Project completion
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in Architecture / Interiors Healthcare and Hospitality projects required.
- 12-17 years' min. design experience, Architecture / Healthcare Design and Interiors preferred.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in Texas Required.
- NCARB registration Required.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment.
- Experience working with the local market, and other states, including but not limited to the States mentioned above, other States are a plus and preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen and/or Permanent Resident legally working in the USA.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer / Planner is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Monitors the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistent and properly executed.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Works with Specification Writer to develop specifications and is responsible for coordination of drawings and specifications.
- Checks completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy.
- Sets the overall strategy for producing the documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work. This includes defining how data will be organized into files and which elements will be incorporated in a Building Information Model (BIM). Following JZ Standards, working with in house BIM Manager.
- Sets up project team parameters.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support, as necessary.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior level architects or technicians.
- Performs as team leader on certain projects.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews, and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Develops a positive relationship of trust with client Leadership.
- Regularly communicates with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation.
- Receives project direction from the Principal in Charge and Technical direction from Principal.
- Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with project team, clients, and consultants.
- Assists in planning and conducting work making minor adaptations and modifications to complete working drawing set(s).
- Meets with municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.
- Drafts reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Provides technical support and project communications to team as required.
- Attending on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor’s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Assists the Specification Writer in product research, consulting with manufacturers, evaluating and selecting project related materials.
- Involved with specification set-up and drawing coordination, research, and appropriate use of JZ Standards.
- Provides support to all team members for specific market, discipline, or other areas of expertise, such as Interiors.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
- Participates in review of project costs and budgets, adherence to schedule.
- Ability to prepare meeting minutes of Client and consultant coordination meetings.
- Teamwork in production of 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Participates in business development meetings with team leaders to target specified project, client, or market opportunities.
- Explores and identifies new opportunities to add or enhance professional services with existing clients.
- Assists in development of fee proposals for marketing proposals.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Strong knowledge of Design, Architecture, experience as Project Architect Interiors, Healthcare.
- Project experience in architectural practice on Interiors Projects.
- Knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts, including commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the profession required.
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills by either hand or computer preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations, Facility Guidelines Institute “FGI,” safety codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents required.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models required.
- Proven ability to prioritize meeting deadlines and provide high quality service to clients preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems is required.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines preferred.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process required.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Experience in 3D rendering software utilizing a Revit model such as Enscape, preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Experience in networking with potential clients and/or potential project team partners.