AT JZID, WE ARE AS COMMITTED TO ENJOYING LIFE AS WE ARE TO DELIVERING THE BEST DESIGN. OUR OFFICES REFLECT OUR PEOPLE’S DIVERSE INTERESTS.
We encourage every person at JZID to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our benefits include medical insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off.
We also offer:
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, JZID offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com
All positions are on-site at the JZ Interior Design studio.
JZ Interior Design is currently seeking a Senior Registered Architect with 12+ years’ experience to join our Architectural / Healthcare (interest) / Interiors team. As an Architect, in partnership with the Project Manager and Project Designer, you are responsible for project development and progress from start to end.
- Design development
- Design documents
- Team and consultant’s coordination
- Construction administration
- Familiarity with city codes and registration agencies
- Review and quality assurance / quality control
- Stamp final drawings
- Final Project delivery
- Project completion
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required. Master’s degree preferred
- 12+ years' design experience, Architecture / Healthcare Design, and Interiors preferred
- Licensed in Texas & interested in other states is a plus
- Possible LEED credential required within 12 months of employment
- Must be a US citizen and/or permanent resident legally working in the USA
- This is an on-site position
- Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer / Planner is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Monitors the design process from the conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistent and properly executed.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Works with Specification Writer to develop specifications and is responsible for the coordination of drawings and specifications.
- Checks completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations for accuracy.
- Sets the overall strategy for producing the documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work. This includes defining how data will be organized into files and which elements will be incorporated in a Building Information Model (BIM). Following JZID Standards, working with in-house BIM Manager.
- Sets up project team parameters.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support, as necessary.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control, and best practice standards.
- Supervises the preparation of technical drawings by other less senior-level architects or technicians.
- Performs as team leader on certain projects.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff participate in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Works on developing a positive relationship of trust with client Leadership.
- Regularly communicates with the client representatives to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews, and delivery of the final presentation.
- Receives project direction from the Principal in Charge and Technical direction from the Principal.
- Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with the project team, clients and consultants.
- Assists in planning and conducting work making minor adaptations and modifications to complete working drawing set(s).
- Meets with the municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Provides technical support and project communications to the team as required.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews, and project meetings. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor’s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Assists the Specification Writer in product research, consulting with manufacturers, evaluating and selecting project-related materials.
- Involved with specification set-up and drawing coordination, research, and appropriate use of JZID Standards.
- Provides support to all team members for specific markets, disciplines, or other areas of expertise, such as Interiors.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordinate with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
- Participates in the review of project costs and budgets, adherence to schedule.
- Prepare meeting minutes of Client and consultant coordination meetings.
- Teamwork in production of 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Participates in business development meetings with team leaders to target specified projects, clients, or market opportunities.
- Explores and identifies new opportunities to add or enhance professional services with existing clients.
- Assists in the development of fee proposals for marketing proposals.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Strong Knowledge of Design, Architecture, Experience as Project Architect Interiors, Healthcare.
- Project experience in architectural practice on Interiors Projects.
- Knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts, including commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the profession required.
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills by either hand or computer preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations, Facility Guidelines Institute “FGI”, safety codes, and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents required.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models required.
- Proven ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and provide high-quality service to clients preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems required.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design, and LEED guidelines preferred.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process required.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Experience in 3D rendering software utilizing a Revit model such as Enscape preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Experience in networking with potential clients and/or potential project team partners.
As a JZID Interior Designer, your role is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally, beautiful spaces for clients. You must have exceptional design skills, a background in Architecture or Interior Design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. With you as part of the design team, Interiors has never been so engaging.
What You Will Do:
- Perform Interior Design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning, construction documentation and Construction Administration.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of finish selections, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Generate Demolition Plans, Construction Plans, Power & Communication Plans, Reflected Ceiling Plans, Finish Plans & Furniture Plans.
- Complete construction documents, including elevations, details, specifications, and material selections needed for bidding, permitting and construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Meet with clients, discuss their needs, prepare presentations and present your work.
- Construction administration including submittals and shop drawing reviews, RFI responses, change orders, client / construction meetings and punch list.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
- 8-11 years' of Interior Design experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, any other modeling software programs such as Enscape, is a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Licensed (RID) Registered Interior Designer is a plus
- Must be a US Citizen and or permanent Resident legally working in the USA
- This is an on-site position
If you are interested in our studio, please send us your resume so we can start a conversation. We are continuing to look for talented designers as we grow.